This month I have been so slack in working through my TBR books. As a result, I have only read five new books this month: Tamed by a Tiger by Felicity Heaton, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee, The Secret History of Us by Jesse Kirby, Geekerella by Ashley Poston, and finally I was lucky enough to be given an eARC of Treasured by a Tiger by Felicity Heaton to read and review (This book comes out on the 9/9/17).
Other than those, all of my other reads for this month have been rereads of mostly romance novels. I read the first three books in Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive series: Lick, Play, and Lead; and I also read an old sci-fi romance favourite: Royal Obsession by Cyndi Friberg. The only other book that I read this month was a story on Wattpad, which has been a favourite of mine for quite some time, A Healer’s Fate by NeverTrustADuck.
This month I got tons of magnetic bookmarks from both Read and Wonder and Happy Hello Co. From Read and Wonder I received: both Night Court sets, the Seven High Lords set, the Seven Courts set, and finally a Night Court vinyl sticker to go on my laptop. Before you ask, YES I was going on a bit of a ACOTAR themed shopping spree. From Happy Hello Co I got a little more diverse set of magnetic bookmarks: The Assassins Companions (it has Rowan, Chaol, Dorian, and SAM!!!), the Royalty in Chains set (Damen and Laurent from Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat), Wizard Boy (It’s Harry Potter), and the A Promise set (Elide and Lorcan from Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass series – I love these two soooooooo much!).
This month my book mail has kind of stuck to the ACOTAR theme that I had going on earlier with my Prythian Court Perfumes by Behind the Pages arriving in the mail.
- Summer: Shorelines, Raspberries, and Sunsets
- Autumn: Spice, Caramel, Pear, and Burnt Sugar
- Winter: Violet Sugar Petals, Amber Moss, and Driftwood
- Spring: Gardenia, Lavender, and Oak Moss
- Dawn: Sun Showers, Driftwood, and Lilies
- Night: Jasmine, Violet, Satin, and Rouge
- Day: Pomegranate, Violet Sugar Petals, and Fresh Citrus (I actually got this one as a part of the ACOWAR box by Mark the Page)
I really should stop buying new books, my TBR pile is getting ridiculous. I added 11 books to it this month and most of them are pretty high on my pile.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
- Begin, End, Begin by Amie Kaufman, Melissa Keil, Will Kostakis, Ellie Marney, Jaclyn Moriarty, Michael Pryor, Alice Pung, Gabrielle Tozer, Lili Wilkinson and Danielle Binks
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Godblind by Anna Stephens
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- The Secret History of Us by Jesse Kirby
I also got a really cool and creepy illustrated edition of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and a signed copy of both The Scorpio Races and Sinner (the limited edition cover copy) by Maggie Stiefvater.
I’m setting my TBR for September really low with only four books because I currently have university work coming out of my ears and I don’t have that much time to read unfortunately. I’ve already started Caraval by Stephanie Garber but haven’t quite finished it yet so that will be first on the agenda. Then, if I get the time, I plan on reading Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman and Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. If I manage to get through those two, my last TBR book for September will be The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller which, like Caraval, I have started but I had to put down because life got in the way and it just wasn’t grabbing me.