The last box of the year for Mark the Page and WOW! Have they gone out with a BANG! The Godsgrave box came a little later than expected but Donna was super awesome in keeping us all posted with the goings on so I’m not peeved in the slightest (It actually worked out super awesomely with the end of the university term looming and more time to read heading my way).
There were seven awesome items in this box:
- Blood Walk bath salts by A Little Touch of Books (The smell of roses is always much preferred to the iron smell of blood).
- TJ Lubrano has supplied an absolutely gorgeous print of Mia for this box (cue excited squealing)
- An awesome exclusive double-sided bookmark by Read the Stars (One can never have too many bookmarks)
- Magnetic bookmarks shaped like Mia and Tric by Read and Wonder (I LOVE MAGNETIC BOOKMARKS!!!)
- Paris at Ink and Wonder Designs always does an amazing job and the exclusive tote bag included in this box was no exception
- Red Church lip balm from Kool & Co (Apparently the red church smells like strawberries – I will not be complaining).
- Don Tric candle by A Little Touch of Books (Best Smelling Candle EVER! It dead set smells like a really good guy’s aftershave).
and the pièce de résistance, a SIGNED (bookplate) COPY OF GODSGRAVE!!!!! I have actually already read this book and, may I just say, IT WAS AMAZING!
A ruthless young assassin continues her journey for revenge in this new epic fantasy from New York Times bestselling author Jay Kristoff.
Assassin Mia Corvere has found her place among the Blades of Our Lady of Blessed Murder, but many in the Red Church ministry think she’s far from earned it. Plying her bloody trade in a backwater of the Republic, she’s no closer to ending Consul Scaeva and Cardinal Duomo, or avenging her familia. And after a deadly confrontation with an old enemy, Mia begins to suspect the motives of the Red Church itself.
When it’s announced that Scaeva and Duomo will be making a rare public appearance at the conclusion of the grand games in Godsgrave, Mia defies the Church and sells herself to a gladiatorial collegium for a chance to finally end them. Upon the sands of the arena, Mia finds new allies, bitter rivals, and more questions about her strange affinity for the shadows. But as conspiracies unfold within the collegium walls, and the body count rises, Mia will be forced to choose between loyalty and revenge, and uncover a secret that could change the very face of her world.